Monday, October 27, 2008

Old friends and Split Ends...

We all know of my unhealthy attachment to Face Book.  (I am seeking professional help, by the way.  Too bad he's a quack doctor!  QUACK!!!)  I do spend a ridiculous amount of time on there.  It seems I have quite a few friends who do as well.  In fact some of my buds have switched from only using MySpace to FB.  That's a good thing, because I have abandoned my MySpace page.  It's just not worth it.  Plus all the people I want to keep tabs on are on FB, anyway.I've been contacted by many a voice from the past, as of late.  Some I haven't spoken to since we graduated from high school 15 years ago!  I love that these old chums are reconnecting.  It's so hard to picture some of these people married and with munchkins.  Now my best bud from HS, Christina, I can totally picture her with a bushel of kids, some of those other peeps, I'm not so sure I would want to see some of them as parents.  I guess the point is that we all grow up.  That we aren't the people we were even a few years ago, much less 15 years ago!  I really think that I thought I knew these people 15 years ago, but when I compare those friendships to the ones I am blessed with today, they just seem shallow and one sided, (mostly on MY part, but I think we were all a little self absorbed back then.  It was the adolescence in us all!)   On a funny side note... I made this picture of myself on www.yearbookyourself.com.  I ACTUALLY have a VERY simallar picture to this one of myself from when I was younger.  It's too funny!  
I did one of Celine too!  



Thank goodness we all grew up, though!  And now that I'm renewing old friendships, and strengthening present ones, I can be thankful for the face that we all DO grow up, and become amazing adults!  (Well, in most of our cases that is!) 

Split ends...

This is the word that comes to mind when I look at this picture I took of Brian today...

He's changed his mind about his costume and has decided to go as a "girl".  He's the first of the boys brave enough to don this costume.  It's really a Dolly Parton costume that I made for Monica years ago.  I don't think that he'll be wearing the um, girl parts, though.  I don't need to be having any "conversations" with him about the differences between girls and boys.  I just don't.

Speaking of changes!  Celine is "City Gates"!!  She's lost her two front teeth!  It's a mile stone to be sure! I'm so proud of her! J/k!  But she is pretty darn cute!!!  Here she is in all her toothless glory!...



Well, I have to be going!  Off to Adoration with the Youth Group.  If ya wanna hear more about that little escapade then you'll have to check out the other blog.  <------  THAT'S RIGHT! I said other blog!!!  It's a secret project I started.  It's a bit more serious and on the spiritual side of life.  It's called "A Scent of Grace".  Go check it out, (there's a link to it in the sidebar on the left) and leave me some comments.  (Yes, Katie!  ONE MORE thing for you to "follow".  Suck it up, woman!  Your the wifey of an American Soldier!  You can handle this!!!)

Until next blog...

God bless and be good!  

PS . The last two pictures were taken on my iPhone!  ;)  
PSS. I do NOT need a life, Mother!  I already have a very full life!  Thank you VERY much!  (Thanks to FB, Twitter, my TWO blogs, my MAC, and my iPhone!  What more could a girl want?)

No comments: