Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Goons and goombas

Hey, everyone. I hope that you are having a blessed week. I had oodles of things I could have written about tonight, but my roomie, Yvette mentioned something to me in passing. This simple comment got my thoughts a flame.





I started this blog simply to connect with my family and friends, and because I was encouraged to do so. It never occurred to me that people that I don't know might even think to read these paltry musings of a simple Floridian gal. Well, that naivete it long gone.





Vette tells me tonight, rather proudly, that she has caught up on all my blogs. Yahoo! She referred to a few things in the blog, then said something about a "horrible comment". It took a second to register, I had no CLUE that there was a horrible comment on my blog! I went to check it out, and sure enough, there it was. A horrible comment. Well, not as horrible as it could have been, but it's pretty obvious the spirit in which the comment was left. To quote Mister or Miss Anonymous :"This is dumb! You are a corney goon!" (spelling mistakes were his/her's, NOT mine!) AllRightyThen! Now I could respond any number of ways to Anonymous. I choose this as my response:





As I mentioned before, this blog was intended for my family and friends; people who are abundantly aware of my flair for corniness. In fact, they happen to like it. Most of the time. I think. (? ) I make no excuses for my silliness. It is who I am, and I like that part of me. Now ask me how I feel about my thighs, and you will definitely get a different response! But as for me being corny? That's just me. Deal with it, or don't read the posts.





As for the "dumb" part. This leaves me wondering if a 13 year old boy left this comment. I draw this conclusion for a few key reasons. (I was channeling Colombo there!) First, who leaves anonymous comments but 13 year old boys? Come on! What adult that you know does goomba things like post anonymous comments on people's blogs that they don't even know? Second, who uses "dumb" to describe anything? OK, maybe if you were trying to be politically incorrect about someone who couldn't speak, maybe. (dumb=mute, as in deaf and dumb) But I doubt it. This may have upset me if someone wrote a comment about me being a terrible person, or even called me out on my spelling. Calling my blog dumb. That was just, well...DUMB! I mean, come on, dude! Did you not know that I have control over which comments stay and which ones get zapped out into outer space? Ph-lease!!! By the way this comment HAS been zapped.





All kidding aside. I never considered that any negative comments might be left because I would never dream of leaving such a comment on another person's blog. I haven't mentioned the fact that I am deeply effected by the beliefs I hold firmly to. I didn't think I would have to. It looks now like I should.





Briefly; I am a Roman Catholic, devoutly committed to the Magisterium of Mother Church, and it is my great joy to say that I am a daughter of God. To love one's neighbor as thyself is something I strive to do each day. So tonight as I close this post, it is my sincere prayer that Anonymous might learn to live the two greatest Commandments: To love the Lord your God with your whole mind, your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole strength. And, love your neighbor as yourself.





Anonymous, I hope that you have moved onto greener pastures, and more entertaining blogs. And I'd like to thank you for giving me a topic for this post!





Until next time...





Be good and God Bless!

No comments: