Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fa-lalalala- HaHa! Ha! Ha!

So with Christmas barreling down upon us, and less than a week of shopping days left to prepare, as I see it, there are only a few choices for how to go about getting ready:

  1. Go postal and start shooting up the place!
  2. Ignore it, and act like it's just another day.  Bah! Humbug!!
  3. Run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, shopping, wrapping, shopping, wrapping, and then shop some more.
  4. Dig a hole and hide in it until the first of the year.
  5. Take it all in stride and try to find the humor in the situation while enjoying your friends and family.

I don't know about you, but I try to be #5, but somehow I end up looking more like #3.  Right now, as I type this post, I'm thinking of all the things I need to do before the
 24th!  So- in an effort to lighten up the situation I'd like to post a little quiz that my room mate and buddy, Yvette brought home from work.  It's a "play on words" quiz.  The following are the titles of popular Christmas carols that have been reworded using synonyms. (For those of you who haven't seen the inside of a classroom in a while those are words that have similar meanings.  ;) ) Here's the deal: You try to figure out as many of the song titles as you can, and send your guesses to my email address (I'll give it out at the end of the post). To make the quiz a little more fun, (and so more people participate) I'm offering a prize for the person who has the most correct guesses.  Should there be a tie, I'll have a drawing to see who gets the coveted prize.  I bet you're wondering what that prize might be...  well, I'll tell you so you don't have to wonder any more. (I know it makes your brain ache.)  The prize will be an Original Shananagins Bags Handbag!  

Without further ado, the QUIZ!


GUESS THE CHRISTMAS SONG:
  1. Bleached Yule:
  2. Ruddy-colored seed sweltering in a conflagration:
  3. Singular yearning for the Twin Anterior Incisors:
  4. Righteous Darkness:
  5. Arrival time: 2400 hours-Weather: Cloudless night:
  6. Loyal Followers Advance:
  7. Far off in a feeder:
  8. Array the Corridors:
  9. Bantam Male Percussionist:
  10. Monarchial Triad:
  11. Nocturnal Noiselessness:
  12. Jehovah Deactivates Blithe Cavaliers:
  13. Red man en route to Borough:
  14. Frozen Precipitation Commence:
  15. Proceed and Enlighten on the Pinnacle:
  16. The Quadruped with the Vermillion Proboscis:
  17. Delight for the Planet:
  18. Give Attention to the Melodious Celestial Beings:
  19. The Dozen Festive 24 hour Intervals:
  20. I Desire a Water Horse this Yule
OK- so copy and paste the quiz in an email and send it to: catholicgirl1975@gmail.com!  The contest will end December 24th at midnight, so any entries submitted after that date and time will not be considered.  What are you waiting for?  Get crackin'!!  I'll announce the winner in my Christmas post.  Feel free to invite family and friends to try their hand at the songs!  Oh- I almost forgot!  My friend/co-worker and fellow blogger, Meghan Stewart is doing a similar post on her blog, "Meghan Stewart Photography".  Be sure to enter her contest as well, because she is offering an equally amazing prize!  Her blog address is  www.meghanstewartphotography.wordpress.com

Have fun, and test the Christmas Smarts of all your friends and co-workers with this little quiz, it's good for a TON of laughs!

No comments: