Thursday, April 3, 2008

More funny things that kids say...

I could have a blog JUST about all the crazy things that the kids say from day to day, but in an attempt to keep all the funniness in one place, here are a few that I've been saving up for you:

Celine ask each and EVERY day "Is it cold or hot outside?" before she gets dressed, and we tell her which it is. But lately, with the weather changing so frequently and being cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon, I've just started telling her what type of clothes to put on, ie. shorts or pants. Well, the other day on a cool morning, she had her usual inquiry, and John Paul responded to her, "It's cold, so be sure to wear long sleeved pants!" After explaining to him that pants don't have sleeves and that by calling them pants they are already "long" and that "shorts" are well, short; he replied, "Yeah, whatever. She knew what I meant." Well, so much for trying...

Grant and Meg were working on a paragraph for a Creative Writing assignment he had to do, and he was trying to think of a topic to write about. After Grant had been sitting there, unable to come up with any ideas, Meg asks him what the problem was, "I don't know, I'm just not feeling creational today." As a collective "Huh?" resounded through the room, Meg, without missing a beat corrects him, "It's creative. Creational is not a word." Grant's brilliant response: "Whatever. You knew what I meant." Are you noticing a pattern?

Katie has been trying to potty train my soon-to-be two year old niece, Cora again. And she's playing the nay-nay (candy) card again. This time to help her distinguish between her love of all things candy, and the use of it as a reward she has started calling the M&M's and Skittles she's using as a reward "Potty-Money". Well, I don't think it worked, because now, instead of asking for nay-nay, which is pretty cute, she calls ALL candy "potty money". She's a very determined little girl, and will forcefully and loudly declare, "Momma, I want potty-money!", no matter where she is. I think it's safe to say that Katie is probably getting some strange looks in public.

Celine is beginning to understand the concept of keeping track of the time of day it is. That's big for a six year old! She has a little digital clock on her desk, and it was put there to eliminate a few of the dozens of times she requests for me to tell her what time it is. So now, instead of my having to dictate the time to her, she that it is her duty to now periodically inform me of the time. The other day she says, "Shanny, it's ten-oh-oh, o'clock." It took a moment for me to focus and figure out what she had said, then we had a little lesson in reading time. She's now asking me how to read the time on her clock, so I guess I haven't really solved my problem of updating her on the time of day. At least she'll be the smartest six year old she knows! Being able to tell time and all!

Be Good and God Bless!

P.S. It's about 11:43 AM. Just in case you were wondering.

No comments: