Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Again, REALLY?

I would like to redirect your attention to a past post, I believe it was from last summer, when we had an unwelcome visitor.  Click HERE for a link to that post.  Why?  Because we had a repeat performance recently, that's why.  Read on, my friends, read on...

So I'm wondering why all things that slither feel drawn to this house?  Seriously?!!  We are overrun with lizards and frogs at every turn, and the snakes seem to think that they would be happier inside the house!  I don't know if my heart can take much more of this!

The story goes that Meg and Grant were downstairs doing dome work while the rest of us were upstairs doing school.  Then there was a lot of ruckus and Grant yells, "There's a snake in the house!"  We all rushed down the stairs, why?  I have no idea, but we did, and by the time we all got down there the back door leading into the garage was wide open, so I followed the herd outside to see what all the hullabaloo was about.  There, in the driveway, stood Gerry (one of the cleaners who come each Tuesday) with a black snake wrapped around his arm.  I might have been scared- but Gerry had a good grip on it, and it's head wasn't very big.  He was just L-O-N-G.  Here's a new video of the new snake.  I love it when he asks the kids if they wanna play with it, and they all take a step back.  Oh!  And the part when he says he's gonna let it go near the lake so it can eat all the rats and mice... nice touch, Gerr... that SOO made me feel better.  I thought to myself, "Sure he'll start with mice, move up to rats, and eventually be ready to start feeding on my munchkins!  Thanks for that warm and fuzzy thought."  

Enjoy...


No comments: